COVID-19 Health and Safety Requirements for Alliance Française de Nashville
Purpose: The Alliance Française de Nashville (AFN) is committed to the health and safety of our members, our guests, and our community. In furtherance of this commitment, this policy is intended to protect against and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. This policy is informed by the guidelines established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the city of Nashville, and the state of Tennessee.
Policy: Beginning February 5, 2022, the types of health and safety measures (as outlined below) that may be enforced for any event or meeting hosted by AFN or at the AFN office shall be determined on a case-by-case basis. All individuals attending an event or meeting hosted by AFN or at the AFN office agree to follow the health and safety measures required for that event or meeting. Health and safety policies can be found on AFN’s website (https://afnashville.org/policies/) and may be posted at the AFN office and in AFN email communications.
Here are some examples of the health and safety measures that may be required for an event or meeting:
- Limited Availability: Attendance to this event or meeting is limited to a finite number of guests. Registration is required, and availability is usually on a first come, first served basis.
- Members Only: Attendance to this event or meeting is restricted to AFN members only. Any individual can become an AFN member by visiting https://afnashville.org/membership/ to submit the membership application and fee.
- Social Distancing Required: Individuals attending this event or meeting must maintain at least six feet apart from each other at all times throughout the event or meeting.
- Mask Required: Individuals attending this event or meeting must wear a mask throughout the event or meeting. KN95 or N95 masks are strongly recommended. Further requirements may vary depending on activities proposed during the event or meeting. For example, when food and drinks are available, masks may be lowered only when taking a bite or sipping.
- Vaccination Required: In order to attend this event or meeting, individuals must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, either by submitting the proof in advance online at https://afnashville.org/vaccination/ (recommended) or by showing proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to being admitted into the event or meeting.
AFN’s health and safety policies will be re-evaluated regularly and are subject to change as circumstances, regulations, or guidance change.
Additional information about COVID-19, getting vaccination, and other guidance during the pandemic can be found at the following websites:
- CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/guidance.html
- State of TN COVID-19 information site: https://covid19.tn.gov/
- Nashville COVID-19 information site: https://www.asafenashville.org/
Approved by the Board of Directors: 2/5/22